Already have a Username/Password for Puerto Rico Health Sciences Journal?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Cover letter containing all requested information.
- Signed authorship statement from each author (see separate form)
- For manuscripts reporting clinical trials, trial registration is required. Include trial registration number in the Methods section of the manuscript.
- Use double spacing with each section beginning on a new page.
- Number the pages in the upper right corner, beginning with the title page.
- Title page including all requested information.
- Abstract (double-spaced) in English and Spanish, starting on a separate sheet.
- References (double-spaced), starting on a separate sheet. References within the text must appear in strictly numerical order.
- Tables (double-spaced)
- Figure legends (double-spaced)
- Black-and-white and/or color illustrations
- Permission to reproduce material published previously
- Statement of consent (Formulario de consentimiento) signed by the patient for case reports and clinical images
- All human and animal studies must approved by an Institutional Review Board. IRB approval must be acknowledged in the Methods section of the manuscript.
- All listed authors have approved the manuscript and will sign off on any subsequent manuscript revisions.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
a. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
b. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
c. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.